Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Another "episode"?

I really don't know what to call it. Sunday night I decided that I wanted to stay over my boyfriends again because it was our anniversary, even though the last time I stayed over freaked me out a little bit. I was a little weary about it but I figured I'd be alright.I really wasn't.

As soon as the lights went out I started to feel anxious and I couldn't even begin to tell you why. I just did not like being in the dark and it only took me a few minutes to ask to have at least one light on. So we did. It only made me feel slightly more better. I felt like I keep hearing things or that "something" was around, I guess one would just chalk it up to paranoia.

I was on and off sleeping for a couple hours feeling this way and then I started to hear a ringing in my ear and I couldn't move. I couldn't speak and I couldn't move my hands to reach over to my boyfriend to wake him, this again lasted for a few seconds. So again I felt nervous and I was freaked out, I was afraid of trying to fall asleep.

My boyfriend ended up giving me a valium and I know how that makes me sound, but there is something I have yet to explain. This helped me a little but I was still nervous about falling asleep and it probably took another hour or so until I was able too and that was around 3:30-4:00am.

Obviously I was anxious and what I experienced was most likely sleep paralysis. The weird part is that I have never experienced this much anxiety or have experienced sleep paralysis outside of my boyfriends apartment. This happened the other night and I decided to write this on Tuesday morning to see how I felt sleeping at my own place and I was completely fine, normal.

The first "episode" or whatever that was that I posted before, I didn't feel anxious until I woke up in the morning and what happened, happened. And obviously this time I felt anxious at night because of that. During the day there I am perfectly fine as well, I had no problems sleeping there in the afternoons and all that.

Obviously I should go to see a Doctor about this and I most likely will. I just find it odd that I have never experienced these things before, as far as I can tell or to this extent, but the last 2 times I stayed over my boyfriends I did.

Either way I thought this be something interesting to write about.

No comments: